CMDA is short for Christian Medical and Dental Association.
CMDA Nigeria was founded on the 16th September, 1981 at the College of Medicine, University of Lagos (CMUL).
The CMDA ABUAD (Afe Babalola University) chapter was inaugurated on the 8th of July 2013 and is being led by Charles Okeke (February 2017- till date).
That God made man- spirit, soul and body and He has called us Christians in the medical and dental discipline to be proficient in caring for the whole man (1 Thessalonians 5:23b). Hence, the Christian Medical and Dental Association of Nigeria (CMDA Nigeria) seeks to establish a Christian witness through medical and dental doctors and students in every community in Nigeria,and beyond.
“Caring for the whole man: Spirit, soul and body ” (1Thessalonians 5:23b)
To equip and empower the Christian doctors in Nigeria to live and practice after the pattern of the Great physician.
Our Statement of Faith
- in the Bible as the final authority of God’s word.
- in the Biblical teaching of eternal God as Father, Son and Holy Spirit.
- in the Deity of Jesus Christ, God’s only son, whose death and resurrection provide by grace through faith the only means of our salvation.
- in the unique presence and power of the Holy Spirit.
- in the tripartite nature of man – body, soul and spirit.
Our Aims and Objectives
- Deepen the spiritual lives of doctors and encourage witnessing.
- Encourage, support and participate in medical missions both home and abroad.
- Provide regular means of exchange of ideas, dissemination of information and discussion on matters of public health interest.
- Issues (problems) which arise from Christian in the course of medical and dental practice.
- God made man, spirit, soul and body /3x Care for the whole man
- Healing to the body, salvation to the soul of man Spirit liberation
- CMDA has risen to this call of God 3x Join the chariot now
- My part I will play, this mission to accomplish 3x We are CMDA